Ensure Wall Street understands and agrees with rationale related to a transformative transaction
A digital media company was preparing to announce a transformative acquisition intended to significantly enlarge the client’s market opportunities and geographic footprint, expand its product portfolio, enhance its technology and strengthen its management team and organizational infrastructure. In addition to strategic and operational considerations, the transaction contained complexities in its structure, valuation parameters and combined company economics that required careful and clear explanation to investors and analysts.
LHA developed and executed a comprehensive communications plan:
- Constructed a timetable covering preparatory activities and day-of disclosure activities.
- Developed messaging and supporting metrics to properly position and accurately describe the acquired company’s business fundamentals, benefits to our client’s growth strategy and the combined company business model.
- Drafted, iterated and finalized press releases announcing the definitive agreement and the completion of the acquisition.
- Drafted, iterated and finalized conference call prepared remarks and accompanying slides.
- Developed and finalized transaction talking points and FAQs.
After disclosing the transaction, the company’s covering analysts wrote favorably and supportively about the transaction and its shareholders responded positively. LHA then worked with management to evolve the company’s investment thesis and investor presentation, incorporating the strategic, operational and financial benefits for the transaction, and devised and implemented a plan to introduce the new CEO to the company’s Wall Street sponsors.